Tuesday, September 23, 2008

BODY SONGS PT. 2: WINGS


People have wings... or maybe not?

Amazing-AEROSMITH (1992 & 1994 / broken wings)
All My Little Words-THE MAGNETIC FIELDS (1999 / It is your wings that make you beautiful And I could make you fly away (I could make you fly away))
Because You Loved Me-CELINE DION (1996 / you gave me wings and made me fly)
Believe It Or Not (Theme From Greatest American Hero)-JOEY SCARBURY (1981 / Flyin' away on a wing and a prayer)
Broken Wings-MR MISTER (1985 / and learn to fly again)
China In Your Hand-T'PAU (1987 / It was a flight on the wings Of a young girl's dreams That flew too far away)
Chiquitita-ABBA (1979 / I see you've broken a feather I hope we can patch it up together)
Dance Of The Bad Angels-BOOTH & THE BAD ANGEL (1996 / give me wings)
Edie (Ciao Baby)-CULT (1989 / angel with a broken wing)
The Great Beyond-REM (1999 / Why can't we pantomime, just close our eyes and sleep sweet dreams Me and you with wings on our feet)
I Believe I Can Fly-R. KELLY (1996 / spread my wings and fly way)
(Just Like) Starting Over-JOHN LENNON (1980 / it’s time to spread our wings & fly)
Learning To Fly-TOM PETTY (1991 / but I ain’t got wings)
Longer-DAN FOGELBERG (1979 / We'll fly through the falls and summers With love on our wings)
Love Changes Everything-CLIMIE FISHER (1987 / break your wings)
Never Tear Us Apart-INXS (1987 / we all have wings but some of us don’t know why)
Nowhere Fast-FIRE INC (1984 / And we'll fly away on those angel wings of chrome in your daddy's car)
Oh Baby I...-ETERNAL (1993 / you have given me wings)
Red Lights-CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT (1986 / won’t you spread your wings)
Skyhigh-JIGSAW (1975 / Our Love Had Wings To Fly)
Spread Your Wings-QUEEN (1977 / spread your wings and fly away)
Strange Kind Of Love-LOVE & MONEY (1988 / angel don’t let him clip your wings)
Summertime-GEORGE GERSHWIN, ELLA FITZGERALD, BIG BROTHER & THE HOLDING COMPANY feat. JANIS JOPLIN (1968 / then you'll spread your wings, and you'll take to the sky)
The Sun Rising-THE BELOVED (1990 / restless lovers spread your wings as the day begins)
Thunder Road-BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN (We got one last chance to make it real To trade in these wings on some wheels Climb in back, heaven's waiting down on the tracks)
To Deserve You-BETTE MIDLER (1995 / If I could be your angel I'd trade in my arms for some wings to keep you close to me)
Tonight’s The Night-ROD STEWART (1976 / spread your wings)
Total Disguise-SERHAT HACIPASALIOGLU & VIKTOR LAZLO (2004 / you give me wings & make me fly)
When Smokey Sings-ABC (1987 / she’s spreading her wings)
Wind Beneath My Wings-BETTE MIDLER (1989)
The Whole Of The Moon-WATERBOYS (1985 / I spoke about wings, you just flew)

Βαρέθηκα-ΝΙΚΌΛΑΣ ΑΣΙΜΟΣ (απόκληρα που μείναμε πουλάκια με ξεπουπουλιασμένα τα φτερά)


People can fly... or maybe not

Astrud-BASIA (1987 / fly me to the moon)
Bird Of Paradise-SNOWY WHITE (1983 / Wish that I could fly I'd be beside you now But I can only sigh And watch you circle round)
The Caterpillar-THE CURE (1984 / to fly away from me)
Come Fly With Me-FRANK SINATRA (1958)
Dirty Blvd.-LOU REED (1988 / fly, fly away)
Don't Cry Out Loud-MELISSA MANCHESTER (1978 / Fly high and proud)
Dove (I'll Be Loving You)-MOONY (2001 / She won't be able to fly Away from him)
Elevation-U2 (2000 / feel like I could fly)
Everytime We Touch-MAGGIE REILLY (1992 / everytime we kiss I swear, I could fly)
Fast Car-TRACY CHAPMAN (1988 / You got a fast car But is it fast enough so you can fly away)
Feel Like Flying-GINO VANNELLI (1978)
Fly Away-LENNY KRAVITZ (1998)
Fly Me To The Moon-JULIE LONDON (1954), TEREZA (2003)
Fly Too High-JANIS IAN (1979)
Flying-NICE LITTLE PENGUINS (1994)
Footloose-KENNY LOGGINS (1984 / You can fly if you'd only cut loose, footloose)
For You-TRUMVIRAT (1979 / I fly if you will see me I'm getting high on love and feeling... We'll fly away with love and feeling)
For Your Babies - SIMPLY RED (1991 / Anyway the four winds that blow they're gonna send me sailing home to you Or I'll fly with the force of a rainbow)
From Russia With Love-MATT MONRO (1963 / I fly to you)
Gonna Fly Now (Theme From Rocky) -BILL CONTI (1977)
Hello Again-CARS (1984 / you just want to fly)
If-BREAD (1971), TELLY SAVALAS (1974 / you & I would simply fly away)
I'll Fly For You-SPANDAU BALLET (1984)
In Dreams-PETE BARDENS (1987 / In dreams I canfly, fly like the wind)
Into The Night-BENNY MARDONES (1980 / If I could fly)
Josephine-CHRIS REA (1985 / I can still fly)
Kisses In The Moonlight-GEORGE BENSON (1986 / fly away with me)
Learning To Fly-PINK FLOYD (1987)
Man With No Country-JIM CAPALDI (1980 / Looks up and sees birds in the sky, he wants to be so free to fly high))
Moonlighting-AL JARREAU (1987 / Some walk by night, some fly by day... We'll walk by night, We'll fly by day)
Road To Hell-CHRIS REA (1989 / to fly away from you)
Rome Wasn’t Built In A Day-MORCHEEBA (2000 / one fine day, we’ll fly away)
Sense-THE LIGHTNING SEEDS (1992 / I'm flying high on something beautiful and aimless)
Spanish Eddie-LAURA BRANIGAN (1985 / He wrote "Surrender" on the wall The night he took the fall I heard someone say "He's tryin' to fly")
Spice Of Life-THE MANHATTAN TRANSFER (Flyin' together on the highest high)
Tonight You're Mine-JIM CAPALDI (1983 / I can see by the sad look on your face that your heart is dying to fly away)
Too Hot-KOOL & THE GANG (1979 / Flyin' high we never took the time)
Vanilla Sky-PAUL McCARTNEY (2001 / tonight you fly so high up in the vanilla sky)
Wind Beneath My Wings-BETTE MIDLER (1988 / I can fly higher than an eagle)
Zoom-FAT LARRY’S BAND (1982 / flying high)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.