Wednesday, August 27, 2008

MONTHS IN SONGS


January songs

January-PILOT (1974)
January-February-BARBARA DICKSON (1980)




February songs

American Pie-DON McLEAN (1971), MADONNA (2000 / but February made me shiver)
Somebody Told Me-THE KILLERS (2004 / Well somebody told me You had a boyfriend Who looks like a girlfriend That I had in February of last year)




March songs

These Foolish Things-BRYAN FERRY (1973 / the winds of March that make my heart a dancer)




April songs

April Skies-JESUS & MARY CHAIN (1987)
Lifted-LIGHTHOUSE FAMILY (1995 / I really love to be alone without αll the ache and pain and the April showers)
Looking For The Summer-CHRIS REA (1991 / Look deep into the April face)
Love Is A Many Splendored Thing-FOUR ACES (1955 / It's the April rose that only grows in the early spring)
Mad About You-STING (1991 / My heart was lost on a distant planet that whirls around the April moon)
My Own Way-DURAN DURAN ( (1982 / I saw you at the air race yesterday April showers get out of my way Fear of flying, no not me)
Pieces Of April-THREE DOG NIGHT (1972)
Pride (In The Name Of Love)-U2 (1983 / Early morning, April 4 shot rings out in the Memphis sky)




May songs

Blue Velvet-BOBBY VINTON (1963 / warmer than May her tender sighs)
How Could An Angel Break My Heart-TONI BRAXTON (1997 / I heard her face was white as rain Soft as a rose that blooms in May)
I Feel The Earth Move-CAROLE KING (1971), MARTIKA (1988 / mellow as the month of May)
My Girl-TEMPTATIONS (1964 / when it’s cold outside, I’ve got the month of May)
Stairway To Heaven-LED ZEPPELIN (1971 / It's just a spring clean for the May queen)




June songs

Dakota
-STEREOPHONICS (2005 / Thinking back, thinking of you Summertime think it was June Yeah think it was June Laying back, head on the grass Chewing gum having some laughs Yeah having some laughs)
Drops Of Jupiter (Tell Me)-TRAIN (2001 / She listens like spring and she talks like June)
How About You-MICKEY ROONEY & JUDY GARLAND (1941), HARRY NILSSON (1991 / I like New York in June, how about you?)
I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man-PRINCE (1987 / It was only last June when her old man ran away)
Kashmir-LED ZEPPELIN (1975 / sure as the dust that floats high in June, when movin' through Kashmir)
Spanish Eddie-LAURA BRANIGAN (1985 / It was June or July)
Summer Is Over-DUSTY SPRINGFIELD (1964 / Far away now is June)
Summer (The First Time)-BOBBY GOLDSBORO (1967 / It was a hot afternoon, last day of June)
Vietnam-JIMMY CLIFF (1970 / tell all my friends that I'll be coming home soon my time 'll be up some time in June)




July songs

Beach Baby-FIRST CLASS (1974 / from July till the end of September)
Born On The Bayou-CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVVAL (1969 /and I can remember the fourth of July)
Darlington County-BRUCE (me and Wayne on the 4th of July)
Do I Love You-COLE PORTER, AZTEC CAMERA (does July need a sky of blue?)
Jocelyn Square-LOVE & MONEY (1988 / I wrote you a letter and I sent it on the first of July now it's November and still I haven't no reply)
July Morning-URIAH HEEP (1971)
Master Blaster (Jammin’)-STEVIE WONDER (it’s hotter than July)
One Place-EVERYTHING BUT THE GIRL
Saturday In The Park-CHICAGO (1972 / I think it was the fourth of July)
See You In July-THE JAZZMASTERS present PAUL HARDCASTLE (1992)
Summerfling-K.D. LANG (2000 / Early morning Mid-July)
When You're Young & In Love-THE MARVELETTES (1967 / Each night seems just like the fourth of July) see Ruby & The Romantics



August songs

Hot August Night-VAYA CON DIOS (1995)
King Of Emotion-BIG COUNTRY (1988 /I know where all that time has goneBlown and drifted listening to an August night... washed out like an April day)
Tokyo Joe-BERTIE HIGGINS (1983 / laughing & having tea neath the August moon)
Wild Boys-DURAN DURAN (1984 / In August moon's surrender to a dust cloud on the rise)
(LP August-ERIC CLAPTON / 1987)




September songs

Alone Without You-KING (1985 / a hot room, Septembers gloom)
Flaming September-MARIANNE FAITHFULL (LP A Secret Life, 1995)
Girl In A Million-DREAM ACADEMY (in late September)
Heartbeat-WHAM (a September morning with the sun and the smell of the clover)
Maggie May-ROD STEWART (1971 / it's late September and I really should be back at school)
Papa Was A Rolling Stone-TEMPTATIONS (it was the 3rd of September)
Our Last September-THE FORMINX (1965)
Sealed With A Kiss-BRIAN HYLAND (let us make a pledge to meet in September)
September-EARTH WIND & FIRE (1978)
September In The Rain-DINAH WASHINGTON (1961)
September Morn'-NEIL DIAMOND (1979)
September Song-KURT WEIL, FRANK SINATRA, IAN McCULLOCH
Silly Girl-SAINT ETTIENNE
Wake Me Up When September Ends-GREEN DAY (2005)
When Love Breaks Down-PREFAB SPROUT (1985 / the sweet September rain)




October songs

All This Time-STING (1991 / October geese on a cold winter's night)
October-A HA (LP Scoundrel days)
Moondance-VAN MORRISON (1970 / neath the cover of October skies)
My October Symphony-PET SHOP BOYS (1990)
She's Strange-CAMEO (1984 / like the cold in October she'll take you right over)




November songs

Gone Till November-WYCLEF JEAN (1997)
Late November-PAVLOV’S DOG (1975)
Man In The Rain-MIKE OLDFIELD feat. CARA DILLON (1998)
November Rain-GUNS N' ROSES (1991)
Novembre-GIUSY FERRERI (2008)
Run Baby, Run-SHERYL CROW (1993 / She was born in November 1963)
Where Do Broken Hearts Go-WHITNEY HOUSTON (1987 / since that cold November day)
Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald-GORDON LIGHTFOOT (1976 / when the skies of November turn gloomy)




December songs

Angel Of Harlem-U2 (It was a cold and wet December day)
Brazilian Soul-THE KNOCKS ft. SOFI TUCKER (2018)
Emma-ERROL BROWN
Famous Blue Raincoat-LEONARD COHEN (1970)
High-LIGHTHOUSE FAMILY
I Am A Rock-SIMON & GARFUNKEL (deep and dark December)
That's No Lie-ERROL BROWN
Time Passages-AL STEWART (1978 / It was late in December, the sky turned to snow)
Violet Hill-COLDPLAY (2008 / Was a long and dark December)




Various months songs

Love Parade-DREAM ACADEMY (from June to September)
The Night You Murdered Love-ABC (January, February, March & April May June July)
That’s Life-FRANK SINATRA (April, May, June, July)


No comments: