Thursday, June 19, 2008

RUNNING IN THE FAMILY


Mothers, Fathers, Sisters & Brothers (Various family members)

A Special Kind Of Man-ROGER WHITTAKER (1975 / my brother was a poet & a ...)
All You Zombies-HOOTERS (1985 / sons & daughters)
I Want Your Sex-GEORGE MICHAEL (1987 / I’m not your father, I’m not your brother, talk to your sister)
Money$ Too Tight Too Mention-VALENTINE BROTHERS, SIMPLY RED (1985 / brother, father)
Our House-MADNESS (1982 / father, mother, sister, brother)
Razzmatazz-PULP (1993)
Sarah Yellin'-3 DOORS DOWN (2002)
Shame And Scandal In The Family-LANCE PERCIVAL (1965)
Sunday Bloody Sunday-U2 (1983 / mothers, children, brothers, sisters torn apart)
What’s Going On-MARVIN GAYE (1971), CYNDI LAUPER (1986)
You’re The Voice-JOHN FARNHAM (1986 / we’re all someone’s daughter, we’re all someone’s son)


Mama & Papa songs

Advice For The Young At Heart-TEARS FOR FEARS (1989 / while they play mothers & fathers we play little boys & girls)
Bow Down-THE HOUSEMARTINS (1988 / Mother, father I think that I would rather stay at home with you for another year)
Brother Louie-HOT CHOCOLATE (1973 / to meet his mama & papa)
Evangeline-ICICLE WORKS (1987 / my mother loved the bayou my daddy worked the land)
Fight For Your Right-BEASTIE BOYS (1986 / your pop caught you smoking man he says no way / your mom busted in said what’s that noise)
From The Hip-LLOYD COLE & THE COMMOTIONS (1988 / without a father figured I / mother your wretched son)
Girl In A Million-DREAM ACADEMY (1985 / daddy... mammy)
Give It Away-RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS (1991 / papa, mama)
Gypsys Tramps & Thieves-CHER (1971 / mama...papa)
Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh (A Letter from Camp)-ALAN SHERMAN (1963)
Keep The Faith-BON JOVI (1992 / mother…father)
Living With The Law-CHRIS WHITLEY (1991 / daddy, mama)
Love & Marriage-FRANK SINATRA (1955 / Dad was told by mother you can’t have one without the other)
No Son Of Mine-GENESIS (1991 / mother, his words, I thought about him)
Papa Was A Rollin' Stone-THE TEMPTATIONS (1972)
Polk Salad Annie-T.J.WHITE (1968 / mama.. ..daddy... ...brothers)
Smoke-NATALIE IMBRUGLIA (1997 / where are you dad, mum’s looking sad)
Summertime-GEORGE GERSHWIN (your daddy’s rich & your mom is good looking)
Sunny Afternoon-KINKS (1966 / ma & pa)
That's All Right Mama-ELVIS PRESLEY (1954 / Mama she done told me Papa done told me too)
Telephone Mama-GAZEBO (1984 / telephone mama, pa)
Through The Barricades-SPANDAU BALLET (1986 / mother doesn’t know where love has gone / father made my history)
To The Moon & Back-SAVAGE GARDEN (1997 / Mama never loved her much, Daddy never keeps in touch)
Tobacco Road-NASHVILLE TEENS (1964 / Mama died and my daddy got drunk)
What’d I Say-RAY CHARLES (1959 / tell your mama, tell your pa I’m gonna send you back to Arkansas)
When Doves Cry-PRINCE (1984 / papa, father, mama)


Brothers & sisters

Are You Ready-PACIFIC GAS & ELECTRIC (1970), STAPLE SINGERS (1985 / brothers & sisters)
Be Thankful For What You Got-WILLIAM DeVAUGHN (1974), MASSIVE ATTACK (1991 / brothers & sisters)
Deliverance-THE MISSION (1990 /Brother, sister, give me, give me)
Disco 2000-PULP (1995 / our mothers said we could be sister and brother)
Everybody's Free (To Feel Good)-ROZALLA (1991 / brother & sister)
If I Had A Hammer-TRINI LOPEZ (1963 / the love between my brothers & my sisters)
The Look Of Love-ABC (1982 / sisters & brothers)
Me & The Farmer-HOUSEMARTINS (1987 / like brother like sister)
One-U2 (1991 / sisters & brothers)
Promised Land-JOE SMOOTH (1989), THE STYLE COUNCIL (1989 / sisters, brothers)
(We Don’t Need This) Fascist Groove Thang-HEAVEN 17 (1981 / brothers, sisters)


Mama

Always On The Run-LENNY KRAVITZ (1991 / my mama said)
Bad News-MOON MARTIN (1981 / Mama tell me)
Band On The Run-PAUL MCCARTNEY & WINGS (1973 / Mama you Mama you)
Billie Jean-MICHAEL JACKSON (1982 / mother always told me)
Bobby Jean-BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN (1984 / your mother said you went away)
Da Ya Think I’m Sexy-ROD STEWART (1978 / so I can phone my mother)
Dear Mama-2PAC (1995 / 1999)
Don’t Stop The Dance-BRYAN FERRY (1985 / Mama says truth is all that matters)
Faron Young-PREFAB SPROUT (1985 / every mother’s son’s romantic / frantic)
For Mama-MATT MONRO (1964)
Gangsta's Paradise-COOLIO (1995 / even my mama thinks that my mind is gone)
Girls Just Want To Have Fun-CYNDI LAUPER (1983 / My mother says when you gonna live your life right)
Hey Mambo-BARRY MANILOW featuring KID CREOLE (1987 / did your mama teach you that)
Knocking On Heaven's Door-BOB DYLAN (1973)
Little James-OASIS (2000 / for you & your mom & that’s all)
Look Mama-HOWARD JONES (1985)
Love Fool-THE CARDIGANS (1996 / mama tells me I shouldn’t bother)
Mama-GENESIS (1983)
Mama-SPICE GIRLS (1996)
Mama Help Me-EDIE BRICKEL & THE NEW BOHEMIANS (1990)
Mama Said-THE SHIRELLES (1961)
Mama Said Knock You Out-LL COOL J (1990)
Mama Used To Say-JUNIOR (1982)
Mama Weer All Crazee Now-SLADE (1972), QUIET RIOT (1984)
Ms. Jackson-OUTCATS (2001 / Never meant to make your daughter cry)
Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter-HERMAN'S HERMITS (1965)
Oh Mother-CHRISTINA AGUILERA (2007)
The Old Man Gown The Road-JOHN FOGERTY (1984 / he make the young girl’s mama cry)
Shakespeare’s Sister-THE SMITHS (1985 / No, Mama, let me go!)
Simple Man-LYNYRD SKYNYRD (1973 / Mama told me when I was young)
Summer of ‘69-BRYAN ADAMS (1983 / standing on your mama’s porch)
Sylvia's Mother-DR. HOOK & THE MEDICINE SHOW (1971 / please Mrs. Avery, I just gotta talk to her)
That’s The Way-CULTURE CLUB (1983 / mama had tears in her eyes)
Thinking Of You-LENNY KRAVITZ (1998 / tell me mama)
Too Late To Turn Back Now-CORNELIUS BROTHERS & SISTER ROSE (1972 / My mom told me)
Treat Her Like A Lady-THE TEMPTATIONS (1984 / When I was young, my mama used to say, Boy A woman's like a flower, with love on her you shower)
Whatever Wil Be, Will Be (Que Sera, Sera)-DORIS DAY (1956 / I asked my mother what will I be )
White Rabbit-JEFFERSON AIRPLANE (1966 / the ones -pills- that mother gives you)
You Can’t Hurry Love-THE SUPREMES (1966), PHIL COLLINS (1982 / my mama said)
You Don’t Fool Me-QUEEN (1995 / Mama said be careful of that girl)


Papa (Father & son)

Alcoholic-STARSAILOR (Don't you know you got your daddy's eyes)
Annie. I'm Not Your Daddy-KID CREOLE & THE COCOCUTS (1982)
Born On The Bayou-CCR (1969 / Now, when I was just a little boy, Standin to my daddys knee, My poppa said, son, dont let the man get you)
Boy Named Sue-JOHNNY CASH
Cat’s In The Cradle-HARRY CHAPIN
Don’t Cry Daddy-ELVIS
End Of The Innocence-DON HENLEY
Get That Beat-SHARP TIES (Daddy says)
Green, Green Grass Of Home-TOM JONES (1966 / The old home town looks the same as I step down from the train,and there to meet me is my Mama and Papa)
I’m On Fire-BRUCE (Hey little girl is your daddy home)
Jet-WINGS (was your father as bold as Sergeant major)
Jonah-BREATHE (I think of what my father told me)
Leader Of The Pack-SHANGRI-LAS (my Dad said find someone new)
The Living Years-MIKE & THE MECHANICS (see: movie Frequency)
Lover Lover-IAN McCULLOGH ..father....
Love Her Madly-DOORS ..wanna be her daddy...
My Father’s Eyes-ERIC CLAPTON
My Father’s Son-JOE COCKER
Oh Daddy-FLEETWOOD MAC (1977)
One Way-THE LEVELLERS (my father when I was young)
Papa-PAUL ANKA
Papa Don’t Preach-MADONNA
Papa Was Too-JOE TEX
Runaway-BON JOVI (when your daddy’s gonna talk to you.. daddy’s girl)
Running In The Family-LEVEL 42 (our dad... dad rang the officer in charge... brother Joe & me)

No comments: