Monday, December 8, 2008

GREEK WORDS IN SONGS PT. 3: FANTASY


From the ancient Hellenic word phantasia


Song titles or lyrics referring to fantasy & fantasize

Back To Life (However Do You Want Me) -SOUL II SOUL (1989 / back from a fantasy)
Call Me-SPAGNA (1987 / all my fantasy to dream about you)
Can’t Stop Loving You Now-MATTHEW FISHER (1981 / it's just a fantasy)
China In Your Hand-T’PAU (1987 / a prophecy for a fantasy)
Come Back And Stay-PAUL YOUNG (1983 / I shut my eyes and I fantasize that you're here with me)
Don’t Stand So Close To Me-POLICE (1980 / subject of schoolgirl fantasy)
Dreamtime-DARYL HALL (1986 / You were talking thru the smoke in your fantasy... believe it's alright to fantasize)
Enchanted Lady-PASADENAS (1988 / let’s explore all fantasies)
Fantasy-EARTH WIND & FIRE (1978), BLACK BOX (1990)
Fantasy-MARIAH CAREY (1995)
Flesh For Fantasy-BILLY IDOL (1983)
Ghostdancing-SIMPLE MINDS (1985 / they all went to heaven in a stupid fantasy)
Happy Children-P. LION (1983 / Your fantasy will find new nice colours)
Hey You-PINK FLOYD (1979 / but it was only fantasy)
Hungry Eyes-ERIC CARMEN (1987 / I look at you and I fantasize)
I Do What I Do-JOHN TAYLOR (1986 / Are you happy now, that we fantasized?)
I Know Him So Well-ELAINE PAIGE & BARBARA DICKSON (1984), CISSY & WHITNEY HOUSTON (1987 / He needs his fantasy and freedom)
I Should Be So Lucky-KYLIE MINOGUE (1987 / the fantasy that you'll be mine)
I Wanna Do It With You-BARRY MANILOW (1982 / I want to love out my fantasies)
(I’ve Had) The Time Of My Life-BILL MEDLEY & JENNIFER WARNES (1987 / as we felt this magical fantasy)
Into The Groove-MADONNA (1985 / live out your fantasy here with me)
Is Your Love Strong Enough?-BRYAN FERRY (1986 / stranger than fantasy)
It's Fantasy-AMII STEWART (1987)
Jackie Don’t Go-SURVIVOR (1983 / Jackie was the focus of my fantasies)
Keeping The Dream Alive-FREIHEIT feat. THE LONDON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA(1988 / Tonight the rain is falling full of memories of people and places and while the past is calling in my fantasy I remember their faces)
Kiss-PRINCE (1986 / I want 2 be your fantasy maybe u could be mine)
Kiss You All Over-EXILE (1978 / I wanna fill your fantasy)
Let Me Be Your Fantasy-BABY D (1995)
Music & Lights-IMAGINATION (1982 / secret fantasies in a show biz world)
Never Too Much-LUTHER VANDROSS (1981 / You are my shinin' star, my guiding light, my love fantasy)
No Mercy-STRANGLERS (1984 / don't worry if they -your secret wishes- just remain a fantasy)
No Regrets-ROBBIE WILLIAMS (1998 / A bitter aftertaste and a fantasy of how we all could live)
O Pastor-MADREDEUS (1990 / A barca da fantasia)
Obsession-ANIMOTION (1984 / My fantasy hasturned to madness)
Rain Or Shine-5 STAR (1986 / my fantasy come true)
Round & Round-SPANDAU BALLET (1984 / you're just my fantasy and I will fantasize)
Saving All My Love For You-MARILYN McCOO & BILLY DAVIS JR. (1978), WHITNEY HOUSTON (1985 / that's just an old fantasy)
Street Of Dreams-RAINBOW (1983 / maybe this fantasy is real)
Truly Madly Deeply-SAVAGE GARDEN (1997 / I'll be your fantasy)
Voices In My Head-NAKED EYES (1983 / I've got a fantasy, of which you are a part)
Who Can It Be Now?-MEN AT WORK (1981 / It's just my fantasy)
You Can Win If You Want-MODERN TALKING (1985 / On your way you will see that life is more than fantasy)




Song titles or lyrics referring to fantastic

Barbie Girl-AQUA (1997 / Life in plastic, it's fantastic!)
Don’t Get Me Wrong-PRETENDERS (1986 / it might just be fantastic)
Fantastic Day-HAIRCUT 100 (1982)
F.E.A.R.-IAN BROWN (2001 / Fantastic Expectations Amazing Revelations)
Hit Me With Your Rythm Stick-IAN DURY & THE BLOCKHEADS (1978 / Das ist gut! C'est fantastique!)


No comments: