Friday, July 25, 2008

TELEVISION SONGS



Songs referring to Television in general 

All The Young Dudes-MOTT THE HOOPLE (1972 / television man is crazy saying we're juvenile deliquent wrecks oh man I need TV when I got T Rex)
Americanos-HOLLY JOHNSON (1989 / that’s cable TV for you & me)
Angel Eyes (Home & Away)-WET WET WET (1987 / the saddest thing I've ever seen on my TV screen was a dying man who died for his dream)
The Animal Song-SAVAGE GARDEN (1999 / a television freak show cops and robbers everywhere)
Back On The Chain Gang-PRETENDERS (1982 / the TV & the news of the world)
Burning Down The House-TALKING HEADS (1983 / I don’t know what you expect staring into the TV set)
Can’t Stop The Music-VILLAGE PEOPLE (1980 / on the radio, on every TV show)
Child Of Vision-SUPERTRAMP (1979 / you watch the television)
China Girl-DAVID BOWIE (1983 / I'll give you television)
City Lights-WILLIAM PITT (1987 / telephone off the line what's on T.V.)
Coffee & TV-BLUR (1999)
Come On Home-EVERYTHING BUT THE GIRL (1986 / 'cause I don't like sleeping or watching TV on my own)
Cult Of Personality-LIVING COLOUR (1989 / I’m the smiling face on your t.v.)
Devil’s Radio-GEORGE HARRISON (1987 / he's in your TV set, won't give it a rest)
Disappear-INXS (1990 / Say I'm crying I'm looking at what's on T.V)
Don Quixote-NIK KERSHAW (1984 / just like superheroes you saw them on TV)
Don’t Dream It’s Over-CROWDED HOUSE (1986), PAUL YOUNG (1991 / but you turn right over to the TV page)
Driven Out-THE FIXX (1988 / plugged into my TV used to the lies they're telling me)
End Of The Century-BLUR (good morning TV... sex on TV... good night TV)
57 Channels (And Nothin' On)-BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN (1992)
Fire Girl-IGGY POP (1986 / I have no time to watch TV)
Freedom 90-GEORGE MICHAEL (1990)
Gangstas Paradise-COOLIO feat. L.V. (1995 / too much television watching got me chasing dreams)
Goodnight Moon-SHIVAREE (1999 / the TV is on)
Heartland-THE THE (1986 / but the wars on the televisions will never be explained)
Hi-Ho Silver Lining-JEFF BECK (while you’re watching TV)
Hip To Be Square-HUEY LEWIS & THE NEWS (I watch them on TV)
The Hunter-DIDO (the TV’s on)
Jesus He Knows Me-GENESIS (1991 / You see the face on the TV screen coming at you every Sunday)
In The Afternoon-THE CARDIGANS
It Never Rains In Southern California-ALBERT HAMMOND (TV breaks & movies)
It’s The End Of The World As We Know It-REM (1987 / 6 o’clock-TV hour)
L'Italiano-TOTO CUTUGNO (1983 / e la muviola la domenica in TV)
Left To My Own Devices-PET SHOP BOYS (1988 / turn off the TV, look at a book, pick up the phone, fix some food)
Loverboy In Hollywood-SCRAPTOWN (1983 / you always see her on TV)
The Magnificent Seven-THE CLASH (1980 / like cowboys do in TV land)
Mr. Jones-COUNTING CROWES (1993 / Mr. Jones and me staring at the video, when I look at the television, I want to see me staring right back at me)
Monday Morning 5:19-RIALTO (At eight o'clock we said goodbye, that's when I left her house for mine She said that she'd be staying in - well she had to be at work by nine So I get home and have a bath and let an hour or two pass; drifting in front of my TV, when a film comes on that she wants to see)
My Girl-MADNESS (1979 / but I'd like to stay in and watch TV on my own every now and then)
Never Miss A Beat-KAISER CHIEFS (2008 / Television's on the blink There's nothin on it)
Newsflash-NINA HAGEN (1984 / he is a sleep but the TV is on all night long)
No Money At All-BRENDAN CROKER & THE 5 O'CLOCK SHADOWS (1989)
Nothing Ever Happens-DEL AMITRI (1989 / while angry from Manchester writes to complain about all the repeats on t.v.)
One Better World-ABC (politicians preaching on TV)
One Place-EVERYHTING BUT THE GIRL
Paint A Vulgar Picture-SMITHS (BPI, MTV, BBC)
Pour Some Sugar On Me-DEF LEPPARD (Television lover, baby, go all night)
Proclaim Your Joy-MARC ANGEL (TV)
Radio Musicola-NIK KERSHAW (1986)
Rain Fall Down-THE ROLLING STONES (2005 / then I turned on her TV, it was all the usual crap, all the usuual sleeze for 10.000 quid)
Rapture-BLONDIE (1980 / have your party on TV)
Razzmatazz-PULP (1993 / watch TV on your own)
The Reflex-DURAN DURAN (1984 / I sold the Renoir and the TV set)
The Revolution Will Not Be Televised-GIL SCOTT-HERON (1970)
Rio-DURAN DURAN
Romeo & Juliet-DIRE STRAITS
Sailing On The Seven Seas-OMD (1991 / Sister Rae is on TV)
Samurai-MICHAEL CRETU (auf meinem Fernsehschirm / Videocameras)
Satellite Of love-LOU REED
Shame-EURYTHMICS (on the TV and the media)
Shoplifters Of The World Unite-THE SMITHS (the plans of a future war was all I saw on channel four)
Shut Up-MADNESS (the broken window TV set)
Speedy Gonzales-PAT BOONE (1962 / and the television's broke)
Steppin’ Out-JOE JACKSON (1982 / TV & radio)
Strange Kind Of Love-LOVE & MONEY (1988 / in the world of television & magazines)
Suburbia-PET SHOP BOYS (1986 / where's a policeman when you need one to blame the colour TV?)
Suck Up The Sun-SHERYL CROW (2002 / watching TV)
The Sun Always Shines On TV-A HA (1985)
Submission-SEX PISTOLS (1976 / I picked you up on my TV screen)
Sunday Bloody Sunday-U2 (1983 / fact is fiction & TV is reality)
TV Screen-IGGY POP (OST Arizona Dream)
Television, The Drug Of The Nation-THE DISPOSABLE HEROES OF HIPHOPRISY (1991)
This Is Your Life-BANDERAS (TV show)
This Time I Know It’s For Real-DONNA SUMMER (radio TV news)
Tonight The Streets Are Ours-RICHARD HAWLEY (2007 / and they make our TVs blind us from our visions and our goals)
Touch Me-WEEPING WILLOWS (2002 / real life happens on TV)
Turn It On Again-GENESIS (1980)
The Unknown Soldier-DOORS (television children fed)
Walls Come Tumbling Down-STYLE COUNCIL (The competition is a colour TV / video machine)
Way Down Now-WORLD PARTY (1990 / Inside my TV eye Never stop to wonder why I'm Way down now)
When You’re Gone-BRYAN ADAMS

Η Μποσα Νοβα Του Ησαια-ΦΟΙΒΟΣ ΔΕΛΗΒΟΡΙΑΣ (1995 / κι εσύ στ' αστέρια βλέπεις μόνο ζώδια και της καρδιάς τα επεισόδια προτιμάς να τα δεις στην Τι-Βι)




Songs referring to specific Television programs 

Black Diamond Bay-BOB DYLAN (1975 / watching old Cronkite on the seven o’clock news)
Drama-MARY J. BLIGE (2002 / I was Young & Restless)
Harper Valley PTA-JEANNIE C. RILEY (Peyton Place / series during period 1964-69)
Hey Matthew-KAREL FIALKA (1987 / I was sitting with Matthew I was watching TV... I see Dallas, Dynasty, Terrahawks, He-Man, Tom & Jerry, Dukes of Hazzard, Airwolf, Blue Thunder, Rambo, Road Runner, Daffy Duck, The A Team)
Kiss-PRINCE (you don’t have to watch Dynasty to have an attitude)
Maulder & Scally-CATATONIA
Positivity-SUEDE (you feel like you're in Dynasty)
Pressure-BILLY JOEL (all your life is Channel 13, Sesame Street what does it mean)
Rockstar-NICKELBACK (2005 & 2007 / I want a brand new house on an episode of Cribs)
Technicolour-BILLY GRIFFIN (turn on my TV and watch Phil Donahue)
Walk The Dinosaur-WAS (NOT WAS) (I felt a little tired so I watched Miami Vice)




Songs heard on international TV series 

Brothers In Arms-DIRE STRAITS (MIAMI VICE)
Glamorous Life-SHEILA E. (MIAMI VICE / starring ESAI MORALES as park-boy at a beauty salon)
Hit Me With Your Best Shot-PAT BENATAR (MIAMI VICE / episode with boxing & drugs)
I Don’t Care Anymore-PHIL COLLINS (MIAMI VICE / with BRUCE WILLIS as a drug mafia boss, killed by his wife)
I'll Be There For You-THE REMBRANDTS (1995 / Title song: FRIENDS)
In The Night-RUSS BALLARD (MIAMI VICE / while Don’s car was racing through the streets of Miami)
It's Hard To Be Tender-CARLY SIMON (1986 / SINS, 1989)
Love & Marriage-FRANK SINATRA (1956 / Title song: MARRIED WITH CHILDREN)
Missing You-JOHN WAITE (MIAMI VICE / episode starring Ed O’Neil as an FBI agent)
Mr. Lee-BOBBETTES (MIAMI VICE / episode starring JOAN CHEN as the wife of LT. CASTILLIO)
Only Love-NANA MOUSKOURI (1985 / MISTRAL'S DAUGHTER)
Smuggler’s Blues -GLEN FREY (MIAMI VICE / episode Smuggler’s Blues co-starring G. Frey as pilot Jimmy and Coati Mundi as junkie Tucker)
At This Moment-BILLY VERA & THE BEATERS (FAMILY TIES)
Think Of Laura-CHRISTOPHER CROSS (GENERAL HOSPITAL)




Songs on Greek TV shows 

Good Morning Judge-10cc (1977 / Μήλο Της Έριδος - Παύλος Τσίμας, Mega Channel)
Perdono-TIZIANO FERRO (2001 / Κοίτα Τι έκανες - Σεμίνα Διγενή, ΝΕΤ)
Saturn In The Summertime-BARRY ADAMSON (1999 / Prive - ‘Ελενα Κατρίτση, Mega Channel)
Song For The Lovers-RICHARD ASHCROFT (2000 / Μαζί / Αιμίλιος Λιάτσος, Mega Channel)
Stray-CALEXICO (2002 / Πρωταγωνιστές / Σταύρος Θεοδωράκης / ΝΕΤ, Star, Mega)
also:
intro of Dance The Kung Fu-CARL DOUGLAS (1975 / memorable radio spot)




Songs on Greek TV series 

Adam & Eve-PAUL ANKA (1960 /50-50)
Colonel Bogey-MALCOLM ARNOLD - OST THE BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI (1957 / written by Lieutenant F. J. RICKETTS in 1914 / Εκείνες & Εγώ)
Dolly Song (Ieva's Polka)-HOLLY DOLLY (2007 / Η Οικογένεια Βλάπτει)
Don't Pay The Ferryman (1982 / Θα Σε Δω Στο Πλοίο)
Guaglione-PEREZ PRADO (1958 / Dolce Vita)
Holding Out For A Hero (2007 / Υπέροχα Πλάσματα)
Little Child-THE BEATLES (1963 / Εγκλήματα)
L-O-V-E-NAT "KING" COLE (1964 / Άκρως Οικογενειακόν)
Lovin', Livin' And Givin'-DIANA ROSS (1978 / Οι Ιερόσυλοι - Η Βεντέτα)
Meglio Stasera-MIRANDA MARTINO (1963 / Δις Εξαμαρτείν)
Moi Je Joue-BRIGITTE BARDOT (1964 / Ήρθε Κι Έδεσε)
Nessuno Mi Può Giudicare-CATERINA CASELLI (1966 / Οι Στάβλοι Της Εριέττας Ζαΐμη)
Reach Out (I'll Be There) (Εσυ Φταις)
Reet Petite-JACKIE WILSON (1957 & 1987 / Πες Το Ψεματα)
Singles-CLOSER (2005 / Singles)
That's Amore-DEAN MARTIN (1953 / Καρέ Της Ντάμας)
You Can't Hurry Love-THE SUPREMES (1966 / Το Πιό Γλυκό Μου Ψέμα)


No comments: