Wednesday, February 13, 2013

WORLD RADIO DAY - RADIO SONGS


INTERNATIONAL RADIO DAY: February, 13

The Most Popular Songs in Hellas referring to Radio 
(In titles or lyrics)


Radio in song titles

All The Love Is On The Radio - TOM JONES (single / LP Love Is On The Radio, 1984)

AM / FM - NATASHA KING (single, 1983)

Capital Radio One - THE CLASH (1977)

Devil's Radio - GEORGE HARRISON (LP Cloud Nine, 1987)

Do You Remember Rock 'N' Roll Radio -THE RAMONES (LP End Of The Century (1980)

FM (No Static At All) - STEELY DAN (OST FM, 1978)

I Can't Live Without My Radio - L.L.COOL J (LP Radio, 1986)

I Love My Radio (Midnight Radio)
- TAFFY (single, 1987)

Life Is A Rock (But The Radio Rolled Me) - REUNION (1974)

Message On The Radio - TRANS X (LP Living On Video, 1983)

Mexican Radio - WALL OF VOODOOO (1982)

On My Radio - THE SELECTER (single, 1979)

On The Radio - JAY JAY JOHANSON (LP Antenna, 2002)
Lyrics: Everytime I hear my song on the radio I keep moving closer to you

On The Radio - DONNA SUMMER (single, 1980 / LP On The Radio, 1979)

Put The Radio On - LANA DEL RAY (2012)

Radio - THE CORRS  (LP In Blue, 2000)

Radio - LANA DEL RAY (LP Born To Die, 2012)

Radio - SAVAGE (LP Tonight, 1984)

Radio - ROBBIE WILLIAMS (single, 2004)

Radio Africa - LATIN QUARTER (LP Modern Times, 1985)

Radio Free Europe - REM (debut single, 1981 / debut LP Murmur, 1983)

Radio Ga Ga - QUEEN (single / LP The Works, 1984)

Radio Me - TOMMY NILSSON (1981 / LP Tommy Nilsson, 1982)

Radio Musicola -NIK KERSHAW (LP Radio Musicola, 1986)
Lyrics: my soul shows art to me, but dollars says my radio

Radio Nowhere - BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN (LP Magic, 2007)

Radio #1 - AIR (LP 10.000 Hz Legend, 2001)

Radio Orchid - FURY IN THE SLAUGHTERHOUSE (LP Mono, 1993)

Radio Radio - ELVIS COSTELLO & THE ATTRACTIONS (single / LP This year s model,1978)

Radio Romance - TIFFANY (single / LP Hold an old friend s hand, 1988)

Radio Silence - BORIS GREBENSHIKOV (1989)

Raised On Radio - JOURNEY (LP Raised on radio, 1986)

Radio Song - REM (LP Out of time, 1991)

Riot Radio - THE DEAD 60's (LP The Dead 60s, 2005)

Song On The Radio - AL STEWART (LP Time passages, 1978)
Lyrics: I was changing the radio stations with my mind on you / you're on my mind like a song on the Radio

The Spirit Of Radio - RUSH (LP Permanent Waves, 1980)

That's Why God Made The Radio - THE BEACH BOYS (2012)

This Is Radio Clash - THE CLASH (single, 1981)

Turn Up The Radio - AUTOGRAPH (single / LP Sign In Please, 1985)

Universal Radio - NINA HAGEN (single / LP In Ekstacy, 1985)

Video Killed The Radio Star - BUGGLES (single, 1979 / LP Age Of Plastic, 1980)
Comment: The Buggles classic was the premiere video on MTVs first show on 1 August 1981.

The Wasp (Texas Radio And The Big Beat) - THE DOORS (LP LA Woman, 1971)

You Turn Me On, I'm A Radio - JONI MITCHELL (1972)



Radio in song lyrics

Against The Wind - BOB SEGER & THE SILVER BULLET BAND (single / LP Against the wind, 1980)
Lyrics: Janey was lovely she was the queen of my nights, there in the darkness with the radio playin' low

Aliens - RADIORAMA (LP The Second Album,1987)
Lyrics: call the radio

All Of The Night - KELLY ROWLAND feat. RICO LOVE (LP Here I Am, 2011)
Lyrics: don't talk too muvh, just kiss touch boy all day like the radio

America - RAZORLIGHT (single / LP Razorlight, 2006)
Lyrics: there's nothing on the TV nothing on the radio

An Old Fashioned Love Song - THREE DOG NIGHT (single / LP Harmony, 1971)
Lyrics: Just an old fashioned love song playing on the radio

Angie Baby - HELEN REDDY (single / LP Free & Easy, 1974)
Lyrics: You live your life in the songs you hear on the rock & roll radio

Another Sad Love Song - TONI BRAXTON (single / LP Toni Braxton, 1993)
Lyrics: A song comes on the radio and there u are baby once again... I'm in your car again, just one request on the radio

Baby Grand - RAY CHARLES & BILLY JOEL (single from Billy s LP The Bridge, 1986)
Lyrics: They say that no one's gonna play this on the radio

Beast Of Bourden - ROLLING STONES (single / LP Some girls, 1978)
Lyrics: music on the radio

Bedsitter - SOFT CELL (LP Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret, 1981)
Lyrics: Sunday morning going slow, I'm talking to the radio

Bobby Jean - BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN (LP Born in the USA, 1984)
Lyrics: there'll be a radio playing and you'll hear me sing this song

Boys Of Summer - DON HENLEY (single, LP Building the perfect beast, 1985)
Lyrics: radio on baby

Brimful Of Asha - CORNERSHOP (single, LP When I was born for the 7th time, 1997)
Lyrics: All Indian radio

Brown Eyed Girl - VAN MORRISON (single / LP Blowin your mind, 1967)
Lyrics: going down the old mine with a transistor radio

Buffalo Springfield Again - NEIL YOUNG (LP Silver & Gold, 2000)
Lyrics: I heard an old song playing on the radio

Can't Stop The Music - VILLAGE PEOPLE (single / OST Can t stop the music, 1980)
Lyrics: on the radio, on every TV show

Come Undone - DURAN DURAN (single / LP The Wedding album, 1993)
Lyrics: Words, playing me deja vu, like a radio tune I swear I've heard before

Come On Eileen - DEXY S MIDNIGHT RUNNERS (UK No 1, 7-8-1982 / LP Too-Rye-Ay, 1982)
Lyrics: Poor old Johnny Ray, sounded sad upon the radio

Dancing In The Dark - BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN (single / LP Born in the USA, 1984)
Lyrics: Radio s on and I m moving round the place

Der Kommissar - AFTER THE FIRE (single, 1983 / Originally a hit for Falco in 1982)
Lyrics: they never let you know on the TV and the radio

Disco Band - SCOTCH (single, 1984)
Lyrics: smiling high with me, my radio.

Don't Believe The Hype - PUBLIC ENEMY (single / LP It takes a nation of millions to hold us back, 1988)
Lyrics: turn up the radio, they claim that I'm a criminal

Drivin' my Life Away - EDDIE RABBITT (single / LP Horizon, 1980)
Lyrics: those windshield wipers slappin' out a tempo keepin' perfect rhythm with the song on the radio

Enough Is Enough - CHUMBAWAMBA (LP Anarchy, 1994)
Lyrics: but people on the radio you know will make a pull

Every Rose Has Its Thorn - POISON (US No 1, 24-12-1988 / LP Open up & Say Ahh, 1988)
Lyrics: I listen to our favorite song playing on the radio

Everybody Have Fun Tonight - WANG CHUNG (LP Mosaic, 1986)
Lyrics: if your feeling low turn up your radio

Faron Young - PREFAB SPROUT (LP Steve McQueen, 1985)
Lyrics: the radio serenades but doesn t falter / Like an all night radio station

Faster Than The Speed Of Night - BONNIE TYLER (LP Faster Than The Speed Of Night, 1983)
Lyrics: We got the music in our bodies & the radio

Find My Love - FAIRGROUND ATTRACTION (single / LP The first of a million kisses, 1988)
Lyrics: I turn the dial on my radio trying to find an all night station

Fire - BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN (Written by Bruce / Box set Live 1975-1985)
Lyrics: I m driving in my car, I turn on the radio
Comment: Originally recorded by Robert Gordon (1977) and covered by The Pointer Sisters (1978)

First Day Of Summer - TONY CAREY (LP Some tough city, 1984)
Lyrics: beatin time to the radio

The Fog - KATE BUSH (LP The Sensual World, 1989)
Lyrics: Just like a station on the radio, I pick you up.

Freeway Of Love - ARETHA FRANKLIN (single / LP Who s zoomin who?, 1985)
Lyrics: with the radio playin our song, we keep rollin’ along

Fun Fun Fun - BEACH BOYS (single, 1964)
Lyrics: with the radio blasting, goes cruising just as fast as she can

Get Some Sleep - BIC RUNGA (LP Beautiful Collision, 2002)
Lyrics: tune into the station, make a dedication, this is going out to everyone

Ghetto Heaven - THE FAMILY STAND (single / 1990)
Lyrics: she keeps it by the radio and listens to the reverend preach

Guitar Man - BREAD (single / LP Guitar man, 1972)
Lyrics: who s on the radio

Heart Of Stone - DAVE STEWART (1994)
Lyrics: I want to drive east coast to west coast, turn up my radio set myself free

Heartache Tonight - EAGLES (US No 1, 10-11-1979 / LP The long run, 1979)
Lyrics: some time before the sun comes up, the radio is gonna play that song

Hey D.J. - THE WORLD'S FAMOUS SUPREME TEAM (1984)
Lyrics: radio station personalities

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - THE ROLLING STONES (US No 1, 10-7-1965 / LP Out of our heads, 1965)
Lyrics: that man comes on the radio, he's tellin' me more and more about some useless information

I Wanna Go Back -EDDIE MONEY (single, 1987 / LP Can t hold back, 1986)
Lyrics: I was listening to the radio, I heard a song reminded me of long ago

I'll Be Here Where The Heart Is - KIM CARNES (OST Flashdance, 1983)
Lyrics: It's the song that just keeps playing on the radio

In The Death Car - IGGY POP (OST Arizona Dream, 1993)
Lyrics: I don't turn on the radio coz they play shit

In The Crossfire - STARSAILOR (LP On the outside, 2005)
Lyrics: I hear them screaming on the radio

In The Morning - RAZORLIGHT (2006)
Lyrics: The songs on the radio sound the same

In Trance - SCORPIONS (LP In Trance, 1975)
Lyrics: on the radio the music plays

Karma Police - RADIOHEAD (LP OK Computer, 1997)
Lyrics: he's like a detuned radio

Last Night A D.J. Saved My Life - INDEEP (LP Last Night A D.J. Saved My Life, 1983)
Lyrics: but when I turned on my radio, I found out all I needed to know

Late In The Evening - PAUL SIMON (single / OST One-Trick Pony, 1980)
Lyrics: I remember there s a radio, comin from the room next door

Led Clones - GARY MOORE (LP After The War, 1989)
Lyrics: I heard them on the radio, I saw them on the video

Let's Dance - DAVID BOWIE (US No 1, 21-5-1983 / LP Let's Dance, 1983)
Lyrics: Let s dance to the song they re playin on the radio

Let's Talk About Sex - SALT N PEPA (single / LP Blacks magic, 1990)
Lyrics: now we talk about sex on the radio and video shows / pick up the needle, press pause, or turn the radio off

Lights Out - PETER WOLF (single / LP Lights out, 1984)
Lyrics: dancing in the dark, to the radio of love

Living In America - JAMES BROWN (single / OST Rocky IV, 1985)
Lyrics: all night radio, keep on runnin through your rock n roll soul

Make me lose control-ERIC CARMEN (single, 1988)
Lyrics: turn the radio up for that sweet sound

Mama told me not to come-THREE DOG NIGHT (US No 1, 11-7-1970 / LP It ain t easy, 1970)
Lyrics: The radio is blastin, someone s knockin at the door

Me gustas tu-MANU CHAO (LP Proxima Estacion: Esperanza, 2001)
Lyrics: Radio reloj

Midnight Man - SANDRA (LP Mirrors, 1986)
Lyrics: can t escape your voice on the radio

Moonlight Feels Right - STARBUCK (single, 1976)
Lyrics: I'll play the radio on southern stations

Mornin' - AL JARREAU (LP Jarreau, 1983)
Lyrics: Mornin' Mr. Radio

My Kind Of Love - EMELI SANDE (LP Our Version Of Events, 2012)
Lyrics:  I won't be turning up the radio singing, "Baby You're The One" but don't ever question if my heart beats only for you

Never Say Goodbye - BON JOVI (LP Slippery when wet, 1986)
Lyrics: racing cars and being cool, with a six pack and the radio

Nights are forever without you-ENGLAND DAN & JOHN FORD COLEY (single / LP Nights are forever, 1976)
Lyrics: Lying in bed with the radio on

No particular place to go-CHUCK BERRY (1964)
Lyrics: Cruisin' & playin' the radio

Open road-BRYAN ADAMS (2004)
Lyrics: I got the window down and the radio playing

Ordinary world-DURAN DURAN (single / LP Wedding album, 1993)
Lyrics: I turned on the lights, the TV and the radio

Papa Oom Mow Mow-THE RIVINGTONS (1962)
Lyrics: From the record, TV, or the radio

Pass The Dutchie-MUSICAL YOUTH (LP The Youth Of Today, 1982)
Lyrics: You play it on the radio, a so me say, we a go hear it on the stereo

Passion-ROD STEWART (single / LP Foolish behaviour, 1980)
Lyrics: hear it in the radio, passion

Patrick mon cheri-KIKI AND PEARLY (single, 1975)
Lyrics: The man on the radio says the weather is terrible all over the world

Pearl s a singer-ELKIE BROOKS (single, LP Two days away, 1977)
Lyrics: they say that she once cut a record, they played it for a week or so, on the local radio, it never made it

Photograph-NICKELBACK (single, 2005)
Lyrics: we used to listen to the radio and sing along with every song we know

The politics of dancing-RE-FLEX (single / 1984)
Lyrics: We got the message, I heard it on the airwaves...the broadcast was spreading, station to station

Pop muzik-M (alias Robin Scott / single, US No 1, 3-11-1979)
Lyrics: Radio, video, boogie with a suitcase

Popular-DARREN HAYES (former Savage Garden singer / single, 2004)
Lyrics: play my video, hear me on the radio

Pump It Up - DANZEL (single, 2004)
Lyrics: every Saturday night on your favorite radio

Radar Love - GOLDEN EARRING (single, 1974)
Lyrics: The radio s playing some forgotten song, Brenda Lee s Coming on Strong

Reunited - PEACHES & HERB (single, US No 1, 5-5-1979)
Lyrics: I spent the evening with the radio

Roadrunner - JONATHAN RICHMAN & THE MODERN LOVERS (single, 1977)
Lyrics: Got the radio on

Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through - JIM STEINMAN featuring RORY DODD (single, 1981)
Lyrics: We'd be listening to the radio so loud and so strong

Rock The Casbah - THE CLASH (LP Combat Rock, 1982)
Lyrics: the jet pilots tuned to the cockpit radio blare

Rockollection Part 1 - LAURENT VOULZY (single, 1977 / medley of classic sixties songs)
Lyrics: Et Saint-Malo dormait, et les radios chantaient

Ruby Dear - TALKING HEADS (LP Naked, 1988)
Lyrics: late at night when the radio is playing

Running Down a Dream - TOM PETTY (single, LP Full moon fever, 1989)
Lyrics: It was a beautiful day, sun beat down, I had the radio on, I was drivin

Sad Songs (Say So Much) - ELTON JOHN (single, LP Breaking hearts, 1984)
Lyrics: it's times like these when we all need to hear the radio

Second Summer Of Love - DANNY WILSON (single, LP Beebop Moptop, 1989)
Lyrics: Jesus on the radio...acid on the radio

See You When I Git There - LOU RAWLS (LP Unmistakably Lou, 1977)
Lyrics: Candlelight, cold wine, soft music on the radio

Shake Your Head - WAS (NOT WAS) (LP Hello Dad...I m in jail, 1992)
Lyrics: You can t tune a radio to heaven
Comment: Song features vocals by Ozzy Osbourne and Kim Basinger

She's In Fashion - SUEDE (single / LP Head music, 1999)
Lyrics: She s the face on the radio

Should've Known Better - RICHARD MARX (single / LP Richard Marx, 1987)
Lyrics: the radio won't let you leave my mind
Comment: Backing vocals by Fee Waybill (Tubes) and Timothy B. Schmit (Eagles).

Silenced By The Night - KEANE  (2012)
Lyrics: got the radio on, got the wheels in motion

Smooth - SANTANA featuring ROB THOMAS (LP Supernatural, 1999)
Lyrics: you hear my rhythm from your radio.

Somewhere In My Heart - AZTEC CAMERA (single, 1988 / LP Love, 1987)
Lyrics: TV and radio

Sound Of The Underground - GIRLS ALOUD (single, 2003)
Lyrics: Where the girls get down to the sound of the radio

Spanish Eddie - LAURA BRANIGAN (LP Hold me, 1985)
Lyrics: They were playin "Desolation Row" on the radio

Starman - DAVID BOWIE (LP The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars, 1972)
Lyrics: I leaned back on my radio

Stay (I Missed You) - LISA LOEB 6 NINE STORIES (1993 / OST Reality Bites, 1994)
Lyrics: So I, I turned the radio on, I turned the radio up and this woman was singing my song

Steamy Windows - TINA TURNER (1989), TONY JOE WHITE (1991)
Lyrics: the radio blasting in the front seat, turnin out the music fine

Steppin' Out - JOE JACKSON (LP Nite & Day, 1982)
Lyrics: We'll leave the T.V. and the radio behind

Such Great Heights - THE POSTAL SERVICE (LP Give Up, 2003)
Lyrics:  When you are out there on the road for several weeks of shows and when you scan the radio, I hope this song will guide you home

Superstar - CARPENTERS / SONIC YOUTH
Lyrics: but you re not really here, it s just the radio

Take Me Home Country Roads - JOHN DENVER (1971)
Lyrics:  Radio reminds me of my home far away

That Old Song - RAY PARKER JR. & RAYDIO (LP A Woman Needs Love, 1981)
Lyrics: That song that they used to play, on the radio just about every day

That's The Way I Wanna Rock'N'Roll - AC / DC (LP Blow Up Your Video, 1988)
Lyrics: shut down my radio

The Nightfly - DONALD FAGEN (LP The Nightfly, 1982)
Lyrics:  I'm Lester the Nightfly, Hello Baton Rouge won't you turn your radio down

This Time - BRYAN ADAMS (LP Cuts like a knife, 1983)
Lyrics: Hey, turn up your radio

This Time I Know It's For Real - DONNA SUMMER (LP Another place, another time,1989)
Lyrics: Radio, tv news Got to find a way To get my message to you

Time For Laugther - LITTLE EDEN (LP Back To Little Eden, 1987)
Lyrics: time for getting news on the radio... good news on the radio

Train Of Thought - A HA (single / LP Scoundrel days, 1986)
Lyrics: a distant radio whistling tunes that nobody knows

Transmission - JOY DIVISION (1979)
Lyrics: Radio, live transmission

Turn It On Again - GENESIS (single / LP Duke, 1980)
Lyrics: All I need is a TV show, that and the radio 

29 Palms - ROBERT PLANT (LP Fate Of Nations, 1993)
Lyrics: It comes kinda hard when I hear your voice on the radio

We Belong Together - MARIAH CAREY (2005)
Lyrics: Bobby Womack's on the radio singing to me 'If you think you're lonely now'

We Built This City - STARSHIP (US No 1, 16-11-1985 / LP Knee Deep In The Hoopla, 1985)
Lyrics: listen to the radio...here s your favorite radio station, in your favorite radio city

We'll Never Have To Say Goodbye Again - ENGLAND DAN & JOHN FORD COLEY (single / LP Some Things Don't Come Easy, 1978)
Lyrics: turn on the radio, we'll play it way down low

What's The Frequency, Kenneth? - REM (single / LP Monster, 1994)
Lyrics: I'd studied your cartoons, radio, music, TV, movies, magazines

When You're Gone - BRYAN ADAMS featuring MEL C (single, 1999)
Lyrics: got the TV on cause the radio's playing songs that remind me of you

Where Did Your Heart Go - WAS (NOT WAS) (1981), WHAM (1986)
Lyrics: and listen to the radio, I love you, I love you, it says

Yesterday Once More - CARPENTERS (single, 1973)
Lyrics: When I was young I d listen to the radio

You re My Love, You re My Life-PATTY RYAN (1986)
Lyrics: I'm all alone the night has come, you're in my radio

Your Bright Baby Blues - JACKSON BROWNE (LP The Pretender, 1976)
Lyrics: baby if you can hear me, turn down your radio


Hellenic songs referring to radio

Απο Τα FM (Apo Ta FM) - ΠΩΛΙΝΑ feat. ΓΙΩΡΓΟΣ ΠΟΛΥΧΡΟΝΙΟΥ (1987)

Απόψε Λέω Να Μην Κοινηθούμε - ΛΑΘΡΕΠΙΒΑΤΕΣ (1987)

Βραχυκύκλωμα (Vrachykykloma) - ΒΑΓΓΕΛΗΣ ΓΕΡΜΑΝΟΣ (LP Βραχυκύκλωμα, 1984)

Δεν Το Ξανακάνω Σε Autobianchi - ΚΩΣΤΑΣ ΤΟΥΡΝΑΣ (LP Παιχνίδι, 1988)
Στίχοι

Είμαστε Στον Αέρα (Emaste Ston Aera) - THIRTY DIRTY (LP Η Συνωμοσία Των Μετρίων, 1998)

Έλα Να Ζήσουμε (Ela Na Sissoume) - ΆΝΝΑ ΒΙΣΣΗ (LP Αννα Βισση, 1981)

Και Λέει (Kai Lei) - ΓΙΑΝΝΗΣ ΒΑΡΔΗΣ (LP Και Λέει Άμα Δεις Τα Παιδιά, 1998)

Καλοκαιρινή Μου Αγάπη (Kalokerini Mou Agapi) - ONE (LP One, 1999)

Κι Έπαιζε Το Ράδιο (Ki Epese To Radio) - ΑΔΕΡΦΟΙ ΤΖΑΒΑΡΑ (LP Που Θα Πας, 1982)

Να Παίζει Το Τρανζίστορ (Na Pesi To Transisstor) - ΜΑΡΙΝΕΛΛΑ (LP Η Μαρινέλλα Του Σήμερα, 1978)

Νυχτερινή Εκπομπή (Nychterini Ekpobi)- ΑΦΡΟΔΙΤΗ ΜΑΝΟΥ (LP Νυχτερινή Εκπομπή, 1984)

Νωρίς (Noris) - ΗΜΙΣΚΟΎΜΠΡΙΑ feat. ΛΟΥΚΙΑΝΟΣ ΚΗΛΑΗΔΟΝΗΣ (LP 2030, 1999)

Ξαφνικά (Ksafnika) - ΣΤΕΦΑΝΟΣ ΚΟΡΚΟΛΗΣ (LP Εφ 'Ολης Της Ύλης, 1993)

Πάμε Όλοι Μαζί Σε Μια Παραλία - ΗΜΙΣΚΟΥΜΠΡΙΑ (2001)
Στίχοι

Πες Το Κι Έγινε (Pes To Ki Eyine) - ΦΑΤΜΕ (LP Βγαίνουμε Απ' Το Τούνελ, 1986)

Πόσο Σε Θέλω (Posso Se Thelo) - ΤΕΡΜΙΤΕΣ (LP σιμεντενιο Κονσέρτο, 1987)

Ραδιο Αγάπη Μου (Radio Agapi Mou) - ΠΩΛΙΝΑ (1989)

Συχνότητα - ΒΙΚΥ ΜΟΣΧΟΛΙΟΥ (1981)

Χαλαρά (Halara) - ΧΡΗΣΤΟΣ ΠΑΖΗΣ (LP Δε Χρωσταω ΣΕ Κανένα, 2003)


Listen to my broadcast about 'Songs referring to Radio' on Radio Boo (30/01/2013):
http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/16954986/Radio_songs


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!