Wednesday, December 10, 2008

BODY SONGS PT. 3: KNEES


...another word of ancient Hellenic etymology (gony-γόνυ>γωνία)

On your knees!

Another Cup Of Coffee-MIKE AND THE MECHANICS (1995 / and she got down on her knees to stop him leaving)
Bad Medicine-BON JOVI (1988 / on your knees, that's what you get for falling in love)
Barracuda-HEART (1977 / you'd have me down on my knees, wouldn't you)
Big Decision-THAT PETROL EMOTION (1987 / they get satisfaction on their knees)
Bitter Sweet Symphony-THE VERVE (1997 / but tonight I'm on my knees)
Bizarre Love Triangle-NEW ORDER (1986 / every time I see you falling I get down on my knees and pray)
Black Velvet-ALANNAH MYLES (1989 / a new religion that'll bring ya to your knees)
California Dreamin' -MAMAS & THE PAPAS (1966 / Got down on my knees and I pretend to pray)
Carry Οn-J.J. CALE (1980 / Please, please, please, if you're down on your knees, Carry on)
Cecilia-SIMON & GARFUNKEL (1969), SUGGS feat. LOUCHIE LOU & MICHIE ONE (1995 / Oh, cecilia, Im down on my knees, I'm begging you please to come home)
Do It Again-STEELY DAN (1972 / you ‘ll be on your knees tomorrow)
Downbound Train-BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN (1984 / I dropped to my knees, hung my head and cried)
Easy Lover-PHILIP BAILEY & PHIL COLLINS (1984 / before you know it you'll be on your knees)
Eloise-BARRY RYAN (1968), THE DAMNED (1986 / you know I'm on my knees)
Find My Love-FAIRGROUND ATTRACTION (1988 / on nights like these I feel like falling to my knees)
Free Me-URIAH HEEP (1977 / I’m on my knees babe)
Happy When It Rains-JESUS & MARY CHAIN (1987 / tear it up till I’m on my knees)
Hooligans Don’t Fall In Love-BEAUTIFUL SOUTH (1994 / Hooligans don't fall in love They just break up others lives So when I come to you on bended knee Don't forget my twenty other wives)
I Touch Myself-DIVINYLS (1991 / I get down on my knees I do anything for you)
In The Days Before Rock 'n' Roll - VAN MORRISON (1990 / Justin, gentler than a man I am down on my knees At the wireless knobs)
Jackie Don’t Go-SURVIVOR (1983 / I’m down on my knees)
Locomotive Breath-JETHRO TULL (1971 / He's crawling down the corridor On his hands and knees)
Master & Servant-DEPECHE MODE (1984 / You treat me like a dog Get me down on my knees)
Mysterious Ways-U2 (1991 / If you want to kiss the sky Better learn how to kneel On your knees boy)
Shock The Monkey-PETER GABRIEL (1980 / Something knocked me out the trees Now Im on my knees)
Welcome Τo Τhe Jungle-GUNS N’ ROSES (1987 / watch it bring you to your shun n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,n,,n,n,n knees)
What Am I Gonna Do (I'm So In love With You) -ROD STEWART (1983 / I'm down on my bended knees honey)
You Are My Love-LIVERPOOL EXPRESS (1976 / for you I'd get down on my knees)
You Get What You Give-NEW RADICALS (1998 / Age 14 we got you down on your knees)
You're No Good-BETTY EVERETT (1963), THE SWINGING BLUE JEANS (1964), LINDA RONSTADT (1975 / I'll beg his forgiveness on bended knee)
You’ve Lost That Lovin' Feelin'-THE RIGHTEOUS BROTHERS (1964 / Baby I get down on my knees for you)


My knees are...

A Girl Like You-EDWYN COLLINS (1994 / my knees are raw)
All Shook Up-ELVIS PRESLEY (1957 / my hands are shaky and my knees are weak)
Love Me Two Times-THE DOORS (1967 / yeah, my knees got weak)


Various "knees" songs

Big Time-PETER GABRIEL (1986 /and I will pray to a big God as I kneel in the big church)
Forest Fire-LLOYD COLE & THE COMMOTIONS (1984 / I believe in love, I'll believe in anything that's gonna get me what I want and get me off my knees)
Footloose-KENNY LOGGINS (1984 / Please, Louise pull me offa my knees)
GoldenEye-TINA TURNER (1995 / a bitter kiss will bring him to his knees)
Paint A Vulgar Picture-THE SMITHS (1987 / I dance my legs down to the knees)
Rescue Me-MADONNA (1990 / you bring me to my knees while I'm scratching out the eyes... right while I am kneeling there)
Seasons In The Sun-TERRY JACKS (1973 / skinned our hearts and skinned our knees)
You Did Cut Me-CHINA CRISIS (1985 / loving on your hands and knees)



Under construction

A Different Corner-GEORGE MICHAEL (you’ve brought me to my knees)
Castles in the air-COLOURFIELD ...I really wanted her hair to touch her knees...
Come together-BEATLES ...he got hair down to his knee...
Don’t let me be lonely tonight-JAMES TAYLOR ...knees...
Don’t mess with Dr. Dream-THOMPSON TWINS ...he will bring you to your knees...
Express yourself-MADONNA ...he’ll be back on his knees...
Falling in love[is hard on the knees]-AEROSMITH
Get that beat-SHARP TIES ...lift your knees....
Happy hour-HOUSEMARTINS ...if you catch them (the women) right they will land upon their knees..
Jazzman-CAROLE KING ...He can bring you to your knees...
Lady Jane-ROLLING STONES ...on bended knee...
Layla-DEREK & THE DOMINOES
Like a prayer-MADONNA ...down on my knees...
Lola-KINKS ...I got down on my knees...
Losing my religion-REM ....to my knee...
Love bites-DEF LEPPARD ...it’s bringing me to my knees...
McArthur park-RICHARD HARRIS ...around your knees...
Missionary man-EURYTHMICS ...get down upon your knees...
Needles & pins-SEARCHERS ...get down on her knees...
Rage hard-FRANKIE GOES TO HOLLYWOOD ...get off your knees...
The right stuff-BRYAN FERRY ....send me the woman on bended knee....
Rumors-TIMEX SOCIAL CLUB ....she ‘d knock you to your knees...
Shake the disease-DEPECHE MODE ...I’m not going down on my knees..
Should I stay or should I go-THE CLASH ...you’re happy when I’m on my knees... (back)
Shout to the top-STYLE COUNCIL ...I dropped to my knees & I prayed....
Stay away-ADVENTURES (b-side on Drowning..) ...when you’re down on your knees...
Supreme-ROBBIE WILLIAMS ...get on your knees...
Tower of strength-G. McDANIELS, F. VAUGHN ...you’ll be down on your knees...
The tunnel of love-FUN BOY THREE ...get down on your knees...
Turn me lose-LOVERBOY ....on my knees....
Walk this way-RUN DMC (little skirt hanging way up her knee)
What-SOFT CELL (get down on my knees)
Would I find love-DIZZY HEIGHTS (I got down on my knees)
You don’t love me-DAWN PENN (on my knees)


No comments: